CONTEST NAME: “JACKSON’S GOT TALENT”
SPECIFIC CONTEST RULES
Effective 8/8/17 to 10/10/17
WYNU/www.fmu92.com/122 Radio Rd. Jackson TN 38301/731-427-3316
WOGY/www.froggy1041.com/122 Radio Rd. Jackson TN 38301/731-427-3316
Declared Value of Prize(s): $250 for a total prize value of $250 (“Grand Prize”)
Forever Communications, Inc. and its affiliates through their Participating Radio Station(s), in conjunction with various sponsor(s) and/or prize provider(s) (collectively, “Forever”) is conducting a contest named as set forth above (“Contest”). Forever may air contest(s) from time to time which are conducted by Forever’s advertisers and other organizations that are not, sponsored or endorsed by, and/or for which, neither Forever, nor its radio stations, participate (“Non-Forever Contest(s)”). For any Non-Forever Contest(s) please refer to the contest rules of the Non-Forever Contest Sponsor. Forever assumes no liability or responsibility in whole or in part for any Non-Forever Contest(s).
1) No purchase or payment necessary. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contestant(s) may only qualify one time during this promotion and only one qualifying contestant per household is permitted (“Participant(s) or singularly Participant”). Entrants must be 4 years of age older and must have a legal guardian/parent complete the necessary forms in order to participate. ONE ENTRY per Participant. Any duplicate entries will disqualify ALL entries by that Participant(s). For entries with more than one person, each member must complete all necessary forms, however one person must be named a captain for the act. In the act wins the grand prize, the check will be made out to the captain.
2) Beginning 8/8/17 to 10/10/17, Forever’s, Participating Radio Station(s), will be giving away $250 with a Declared Value of $250 (“Grand Prize”). The Grand Prize is not transferable. If the Winner declines the Grand Prize, there will not be any alternate prize available in substitution and the Grand prize will not be re-awarded and becomes the property of Forever.
Qualifying rounds of the contest will take place on Tuesday night from 8/8/17-10/3/17. This contest is being conducted concurrently and simultaneously by WYNU and WOGY. Therefore, listeners of WYNU are competing with listeners of WOGY to win the same prize.
To attempt to win, persons must attend one of the qualifying rounds of the Jackson’s Got Talent” contest at Redbones Grill & Bar at 584 Carriage House Dr. Qualifying rounds will happen each Tuesday night during the contest. Persons must register at Redbone’s Grill and Bar beginning at 7pm to be able to perform. Registration will officially end at 7:45 and performances will begin at 8:00pm. You are responsible for all of your own props and any accessories for your act. Only one song or performance may be entered per group or per solo performer per week. Participants may only compete in one act per week. Acts that do not qualify may continue to enter from week to week.
Maximum time limit for your performance or song will be limited to no more than 5 minutes in length. Please understand that we are under a time limit. It is only fair to all that we use the same time limit. All songs and performances must be in good taste! This is an event for all ages. Any performance done in poor taste will be interrupted (at the host’s discretion) and that performer will be disqualified. As an act in the Jackson’s Got Talent” contest, you agree to allow us to use any likenesses, videos, or photographs taken of you during your act in promotional materials.
Judges will score each act on a 1-10 scale, with 10 being the most favorable, on each of the following criteria:
Following all performances for that night, judges’ score will be added together for each act. The act with the highest cumulative score will be invited to compete in the finals on Tuesday, December 20th where the grand prize will be awarded.
At the finals, all acts must arrive at the designated time. Judges will score each act on a 1-10 scale, with 10 being the most favorable, on each of the following criteria:
Following all performances for that night, judges’ score will be added together for each act. The act with the highest cumulative score in each division will be named the grand prize winner. If there is a tie, judges will decide the ultimate winner. If the winning act is deemed ineligible for any reason, an alternate winner will be selected by referring to the act with the next highest score. Winner is responsible for any taxes and fees.
Here is the schedule:
QUALIFYING WEEK 1 – Tuesday, Aug 8
QUALIFYING WEEK 2 – Tuesday, Aug 15
QUALIFYING WEEK 3 – Tuesday, Aug 22
QUALIFYING WEEK 4 – Tuesday, Aug 29
QUALIFYING WEEK 5 – Tuesday, Sep 5
QUALIFYING WEEK 6 – Tuesday, Sep 12
QUALIFYING WEEK 7 – Tuesday, Sep 19
QUALIFYING WEEK 8 – Tuesday, Sep 26
QUALIFYING WEEK 9 – Tuesday, Oct 3
FINALS – October 10th, 2017
- The grand prize winner is responsible for completing all required paperwork concerning the delivery of prize. The Grand Prize Winner is responsible for any additional expenses beyond the specifics detailed within the Grand Prize specifically; transportation to and/or from the airport and/or hotels, hotel and sales taxes, tips, meals, telephone, rollaway beds, cribs, safe, parking, and any other incidentals are not included items. Winners have 30 days from date of winning to claim prizes. If the Grand Prize is not claimed and/or collected within 30 days of the first notification they shall remain the property of Forever.
- No substitutions permitted. The Grand Prize is not valid for resale and not redeemable for cash value.
3) Any questions or comments regarding the operation of the Contest must be made in writing to Participating Radio Station(s) Operations Director at the Studio Address.
4) Please also refer to the Forever General Contest Rules (“General” Rules”) attached below, which apply in conjunction with these Specific Contest Rules.
5) All Contest Rules are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Participating Radio Station(s)at their sole discretion. Forever retains the right to cancel this Contest for any reason at any time.
6) A copy of the official rules governing this Contest as well as Forever’s General Contest Rules are available at the Participating Studio Address and on the Participating Radio Station(s) website address(s). Copies of the rules can be requested by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Studio Address.
The above Specific Contest Rules are to be applied in conjunction with the General Contest Rules in effect by Forever at the time of a Specific Contest and may be amended, supplemented, modified in all or part for a specific radio station or station(s) Events/Contests/Activities from time to time by Forever in its sole discretion. Forever at all times reserves the right to amend/supplement and/or modify these Specific Contest Rules with specific rules which shall be made available by the Forever radio station as appropriate and in the Forever radio station(s) sole discretion. Listeners’ and potential contest Participant(s) are urged to acquaint themselves with these Specific Contest rules in advance of their participation. Where Specific Contest Rules are in place for a particular event, those Specific Contest Rules shall control over, where different, from the General Contest Rules.
Forever Communications Inc. its affiliates and their Radio Station(s) do not and shall not discriminate, in any way on the basis of race or gender, respecting their employment or advertising practices.